These Melting Moments are a perfectly paired with your favourite cuppa. With their crumbly buttery goodness you will find it very hard to stop at just one.
250g butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/3 cup vanilla custard powder
60g butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
1/3 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line three large baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat butter and vanilla together in a bowl until pale and creamy. Sift together flour, icing sugar, custard powder and a pinch of salt. Stir into butter mixture to form a soft dough.
3. Roll tablespoons of mixture into 30 balls and place on trays allowing space in between for slight spreading. Using a fork, press biscuits slightly to leave indents.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until pale golden. Cool on trays for 5 minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack.
5. Meanwhile, beat filling butter in a bowl until creamy. Gradually add the icing sugar, beating until smooth.
6. Spread flat side of half the completely cooled biscuits with buttercream. Top with 1 teaspoon jam and sandwich together with an un-iced biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuits.