With a combination of pineapple and coconut you will find this Pineapple Coconut Slice light and refreshing. A perfect sweet treat to slip into any lunch box or enjoy with a friend over a cuppa.
440g can pineapple pieces in juice
150g butter, softened
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/4 cup self-raising flour
2/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 16c, x 26cm (base) slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, leaving a 2cm overhang at long ends.
2. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice
3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
4. Add flour, desiccated coconut and pineapple juice. Stir until just combined. Spread mixture into prepared tray. Top with pineapple. Sprinkle with shredded coconut, press coconut lightly into top.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean and slice is firm when lightly touched. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Lift out onto wire rack to cool completely. Serve.